- 3⁄8" square, 10" length (substitute 5⁄8" or ½" for bigger snakes)
- Draw tail to a point (leave square until later, it makes it easier to handle)
- Make a short point for the head
- Fuller behind the head
- Start at tail and work metal to an oval shape; make sure to get rid of sharp edges
- Continue working the body; you want a thicker middle and an ovoid shape
- Flatten the head a little; you want the head to be thick, not flat but it needs a diamond shape
Gee Mom, look what else I've found!
- Making a rasp snake
- Rattlesnake From a Horseshoe File demo - Mr Gerald ( Ocmulgee Blacksmith Guild)
- Forged Steel Snake by Ken Neiderer
- Make: Forged Rebar Snakes
"We all do better when we all do better."