An assortment of S hooks,
different strokes for different folks ...
A 90° hook allows you to hang
the hook against a wall or gate
and have a plant hanging
This hook holds pots hanging on a pot rack
Drive hooks can be driven into a post, faschia, tree, etc.
to hang a bird feeder, hanging plant, or anything else
Decoration can be added to a drive hook by twisting and/or scrolling
This is a heart shaped hook that I learned how
to make at John C Campbell Folk School
(thanks to Pat McCarty)
These are designed to mount underneath a
shelf or overhang
Relatively standard tailboard hook
"Fancy" tailboard hook by Gary Huston
|Decorative Picture Hook
Hang above the picture so you can see the hook!
|Railroad Spike Hooks
First saw this at the ABANA Conference in Salt Lake City. Finally found the plans the Northern Rockies Blacksmiths Association (Level 1 Gate Hook).
Gee Mom, look what else I've found!
- How To Forge an S Hook
- Forging an S Hook For Demonstrations
- Blacksmithing Dirty Smith Show EP: 12 S-Hooks and Chain...oh my!
- Forging An "S" Hook - Blacksmith Series
- Blacksmithing 101- Two Things About S Hooks
- Forging a S-hook a lesson in symmetry
- Forging hooks. Efficiently.
- Blacksmithing Project - Forging three types of wall hooks
- HOW TO: Forging a Drive-in-Hook
- Forging A Drive Hook
- Forging a Drive Hook at Calerin Forge
- Hand forging a drive in hook
- forging a drive hook
- How to forge a drive-hook. Snot rocket missfire, and Peace on Earth
- Forged drive in hook
- Blacksmith Hand Forging a leaf hook
- Beginner Projects: Forging a Leaf Wall Hook
- How to forge a simple Beam Hook/ Nail hook. Beginners guide to Blacksmithing at Swallow forge
- Forging a drive hook
- Drive Hook
- Making a "drive-hook"
- Drive Hook Demo
- Square Drive Hooks
- Heart Hook
- Blacksmith Hand Forged Heart Hook
- Tailboard hook
- Wizard Hook
- Creating 3 Hooks
- Level 1 Gate Hook - Northern Rockies Blacksmith Association Education Program
"One thing to remember is to talk to the animals. If you do, they will talk back to you. But if you don't talk to the animals, they won't talk back to you, then you won't understand, and when you don't understand you will fear, and when you fear you will destroy the animals, and if you destroy the animals, you will destroy yourself." -- Chief Dan George